Tetration and Cisco ACI: Building a Zero Trust Infrastructure
- January 31, 2019 - January 31, 2019
- Event Duration: 90 mins
Date & Time: Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 9:00 am PT
Mario Ruiz is a Technical Solutions Architect in Cisco’s Northeast engineering team for Data Center, SDN and Cloud Group. For the past 13 years, Mario has been involved with complex routing, switching, and data center architectures at Cisco. His expertise is in designing, developing and implementing solutions covering Cloud, Virtualization, Unified Fabric, Security, UCS, and ACI. He has been a lead engineer in delivering Data Center solutions to Cisco’s Financial and Healthcare customers. Mario holds a BSc in Telecommunications Engineering from St. John’s university, and holds CCIE #27189.
This session will discuss best practices for design and deployment of Tetration coupled with ACI.
We will focus on the following:
1. Leverage Network Telemetry and contextual information for application dependency mapping to help customers migrate from a black list model to a true zero trust/whitelist model.
2. Help you understand how to migrate from a network-centric to an application-centric ACI deployment.
3. Highlight how to use ACI for coarse grain policy and Tetration enforcement for fine grain policy enforced within the individual server hosts.
4. Highlight how to provide a single source of truth for policy discovery, enforcement and audit/compliance.
5. Leverage Tetration NPMD capabilties with ACI FX based fabrics for granular network performance troubleshooting correlated to flow data.